Should You Use A Realtor When Selling Your Home?
Realtors have expert knowledge about the local real estate market and legalities involved in selling your home. You can rest easy with the knowledge that you are professionally represented, your paperwork will be tight and well taken care of, and all the complexities of the home selling process will be handled by an expert.
Benefits of enlisting the services of a Real Estate Professional:
- Education and experience - A good realtor understands the complex procedure and paperwork involved in selling a home. Walk you step by step through the entire home–selling process.
- Saves time and energy - Answer questions and keep you abreast of shifting market conditions. Handle buyer calls and requests for showings, you won’t have to spend time scheduling and conducting tours of your home, which cut into your work and weekends.
- Gauging offers - An agent can help discern serious buyers from those who are simply looking.
- The market - Conduct a comparable-sales assessment to help you gain a clear understanding of local pricing trends. Provide you with a complete marketing plan for your home. A good realtor knows the market and understand trends, which can help your bottom line.
- Negotiation - An agent has the negotiating skills to help you get a good price.
- Professional contacts - Your agent’s contacts with other realtors and with contractors, inspectors, landscapers and the like can help you find a solution for any problem you may encounter.
- Sale price - In some cases, buyers will offer less money to someone who’s not using an agent, believing the seller is trying to save money by not paying commission.
- "Caravans" - Agents sometimes conduct open houses just for buyer agents where buyer agents arrive in groups ("caravans") and check out the house. This is usually a quick process, is more convenient than a traditional open house and allows buyer agents in the area to tell their clients about your home.
- Advertise your home in online and traditional media
- Fair and Honest Service. Help finalize your transactions